- Olive oil- 30ml
- Onion, chopped- ½ cup
- Garlic, finely chopped- 2-3 cloves
- Pumpkin, chopped into 1-inch pieces- 1 cup
- Carrots, chopped- ¾ cup
- Vegetable stock or water- To cook
- Plant-based cream- ½ cup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spices, cumin, turmeric, chili powder- as per taste
- Roasted sunflower seeds, for garnish (optional)
- On a medium heat fry onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, carrot, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetable stock/water and spice mix. Use spices of your preference and mix everything together. Lower the heat and cover. Let it simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove the soup from heat. Blend the soup using an immersion blender.
- Add cream and check for seasoning. Add salt and pepper as per taste preference.
- Serve hot in bowls. Garnish with a swirl of cream and sunflower seeds