A perfect Thai food provides an amazing combination of sweet, sour, hot and salty taste. Lemongrass gives an added lemon scent with a hint of ginger. This Thai style Vermicelli will not only give you an indulging experience in Thai cuisine but will also help you achieve your daily protein requirement as Prolicious millet Vermicelli gives 10g Protein per serve which is 2X compared to your regular vermicelli or noodles.
|Cook Time||20 mins|
|Total Time||40 mins|
- Prolicious 2X Protein Millet Vermicelli 2 cups or 150g
- Thai red curry paste ¼ cup or 50g
- Thin sliced spring onions ½ cup or 50g
- Thin sliced carrot ¼ cup or 30g
- Thin sliced French beans ½ cup or 50g
- Thin sliced yellow/red bell peppers ½ cup or 50g
- Boiled moong sprouts ¼ cup or 30g
- Boiled sweet corn kernels ¼ cup or 30g
- Lemongrass stalks 2
- Chopped Fresh coriander leaves ¼ cup or 10g
- Lime Juice 1 tbsp
- Cooking oil 1 tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp or to taste
Preparation of Vermicelli:
- Boil 1 litre water with slightly crushed lemongrass stalks.
- Cook the Vermicelli in this boiled water as per instructions given on the back of the pack.
Making Thai Style Vermicelli:
- Heat oil in a wok on a medium flame.
- Add the thinly sliced veggies to this and stir fry quickly until done, yet crunchy.
- Add the red curry paste and stir fry till aromatic.
- Toss in the cooked vermicelli and chopped coriander leaves.
- Turn off the flame and sprinkle the lime juice over.
- Serve hot, topped with roasted peanuts.
Tips Tricks & Facts
- Make sure not to overcook the Vermicelli. It should be cooked yet firm
- Veggies should be sautéed to make them crisp and not overcooked.
|Nutritional Information||Per serve|
|Energy (kcal)||246 kcals|
|Carbohydrates (g)||43.3 gm|
|Protein (g)||15.2 gm|
|Fat (g)||5.6 gm|
|Fibre (g)||10 gm|
|Sodium (mg)||300 mg|
- Prolicious Nutrition Team
- Enthusiastic young nutritionists who are willing to help people live a healthy lifestyle by creating delicious, healthy, high protein foods and recipes.