- Prep Time: 15 Mins
- Cooking Time: 35 Mins
- Total Time: 50 Mins
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving: 2
Ingredients for Pasta
- Prolicious penne / Macaroni pasta: 100 g
- Water: 4 cups
- Salt a pinch
- Oil few drops
Ingredients for White Sauce
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Oats flour: 1 tbsp (finely blended)
- Milk: 1 cup
- Red bell pepper: ¼ cup
- Yellow bell pepper: ¼ cup
- Mushroom: ¼ cup
- Onion: ¼ cup
- Garlic: 5 flakes
- Processed cheese: ½ cup
- White pepper: 1 tsp
- Oregano: 1 tsp
- Chilli flakes: 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat 4 cups of water. Add a pinch of salt and few drops of oil. Get the water to a boil to and add 100 g of Prolicious penne pasta.
- Cook the pasta for 12 mins and strain. Keep aside.
- Saute all the vegetables and keep aside.
- In a saucepan, add olive oil and oats flour. Stir well.
- Add milk while stirring the mixture. Mix the roux and milk well together.
- Let the milk start to thicken. Then add the cheese and stir well.
- Bring the sauce to a boil from the center.
- Add white pepper, oregano and chilli flakes into the sauce and mix well.
- Now also add the sauteed vegetables and pasta into the sauce. Add salt if required.
- Give a final mix. Cover the saucepan with a lid and cook the pasta for 5 mins.
- Enjoy your hot n delicious protein rich pasta
Notes, Tips & Facts
Keep stirring the roux while adding the milk to avoid it from burning.