Worried idlis are fattening? Here is a healthier alternative. With double the protein of regular, these millet idlis are a must-try. Millets are a powerhouse of nutrients. Healthy and tasty, Prolicious offers a convenient option to incorporate millets to your diet.
As a filling breakfast or a satisfying tiffin lunch, here are the ingredients you will need for this high protein millet idli.
Elevate your Meal with Prolicious Millet Vermicelli: Double the Protein for Enhanced health.
- Prolicious Millet Vermicelli 1cup or 45gm
- Semolina ½ cup or 30gm
- Curd 1cup or 150gm
- Grated Carrot 25gm or half cup
- Coriander leaves 10gm
- Mustard seeds a pinch
- Chana dal 1tsp or 5gm
- Urad dal 1tsp or 5gm
- Cashew nuts 6pc
- Green chilli
- Curry leaves
- Lightly roast the semolina in apan
- To the same pan, Add oil and roast the vermicelli till it turns golden brown
- Take a bowl,Add the roasted Vermicelli,semolina, curd and grated carrot. Mix well and keep aside till vermicelli gets soak well in curd.
- In a large pan, heat some oil. Add Mustard seeds and let them splutter. Then, add chana dal and urad dal. Stir until they turn golden brown.
- Add cashewnuts to the pan and saute them until they become lightly golden.
- Add chopped green chilli with curry leaves. Saute for minute
- Add the seasoning to soaked vermicelli. Mix until everything is well combined. Add salt according to your taste.
- Grease the idli plates with oil. Place a spoonfulof the vermicelli mixture into each idli mold.
- Steam the idlis in a steamer for about 10-15minutes or until they are set and firm to touch.
- Once the vermicelli Idlis are done, let them cool for a few minutes. Then, gently remove them from the molds.
- And it’s ready to serve with your favorite chutney.
That's it! Your high protein vermicelli idlis are ready. Enjoy this healthy meal as breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Adding millets to your diet is now easy with Prolicious Millet Vermicelli.