In today’s time, Life is all about Hurry, Worry & Curry. We begin our day rushing out of the house, getting late as there is stationary traffic on the road, pressing deadlines which make us miss our meals ending with sleepless nights, only to start the whole cycle all over again.
There is a way out of this swamp, to make it easier we have suggested some helpful tips and tricks to take care of your physical and mental health while staying productive through the day.
1. Keep healthy snacks on hand
A great way to maintain your health and productivity at work is to always have healthy snacks on hand. It's simple to turn to junk food or sugary snacks for a quick energy boost when you're busy at work. These snacks, however, may cause an energy crash, leaving you drained and unproductive.
- You can prevent these energy slumps and maintain your focus throughout the day by keeping wholesome snacks on hand.
- Fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, are excellent choices.
- You can have Prolicious snacks handy, Thins and Khakhra’s. These are tasty high protein snacks which will curb your hunger, cravings and keep you full for longer!
- These snacks will provide you with the sustained energy you need to get through your workday because they are loaded with vital nutrients.
2. Take breaks to get up and move around
Taking breaks to get up and move around. It not only promotes blood circulation and lowers stress levels, but it also aids in preventing the harmful effects of a sedentary lifestyle.
- Setting notifications on your computer or phone is one way to guarantee that you take regular breaks.
- Every hour or so, schedule a short break and use it to stretch your muscles, walk around the office, or perform some simple exercises.
- Try to get outside during lunch time or break-time if you can so you can enjoy some sunshine and fresh air.
3. Stay hydrated
Staying hydrated is key to staying healthy and productive in the office. Water is essential for our bodies to function properly, and it's important to make sure we're drinking enough of it throughout the day
- One way to do this is by keeping a water bottle at your desk and refilling it regularly.
- If you find it difficult to remember to drink water, set reminders on your phone or computer to nudge you throughout the day.
- Herbal teas have many health benefits and can help to keep you hydrated, while also providing a calming effect to help you stay focused and productive.
4. Avoid sitting for extended periods of time
Sitting and no play makes jack a dull boy!!
- Try to take short breaks every 30 minutes or so to stand up, stretch, and walk around for a few minutes.
- You can also incorporate simple exercises such as squats, lunges, or calf raises into your breaks to keep your muscles active.
- Talk everytime you are on a phone audio call In addition to these tips, try to incorporate more movement into your day outside of work. Take a walk on your lunch break, get up and stretch during TV commercials, or take the stairs instead of the elevator. Every little bit helps to keep your body healthy and strong.
5. Practice good posture
Banana back is a new hidden epidemic and it’s really not a good habit!
- To practice good posture, start by adjusting your chair so that your feet are flat on the floor and your knees are at a 90-degree angle.
- Sit up straight and engage your core muscles to support your spine. Keep your shoulders relaxed and avoid hunching over your desk.
- It's also important to make sure your computer screen is at eye level, so you're not straining your neck to look at it. Use a document holder to keep papers at eye level as well, rather than bending your neck to look down at them. By practicing good posture, you can help prevent a range of health problems and improve your productivity and overall well-being in the office.
The hasty corporate life takes a toll on your life. We understand 😊
To reset, try this small exercise, we promise it will just take 2 minutes, not more.
Find a quiet place where you won't be disturbed and sit or stand up straight with your shoulders relaxed. Take a slow, deep breath in through your nose, filling your lungs with air, and hold it for a few seconds. Then slowly exhale through your mouth, letting all the air out. Repeat this exercise for a few minutes, focusing on your breath and clearing your mind of any distracting thoughts.
We hope this read was beneficial. Start small, Start short but keep going. Sometimes actions lead to major Motivation! So, try implementing these tips into your daily routine, and you'll be surprised at how much better you feel. Thank you for reading, and we wish you all the best for your health and productivity in the office!
About the Author:
MSc. Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics
A food enthusiast by nature & food educator by profession. She is an advocate for Nutrition awareness. She strongly believes in making small sustainable changes in lives which go a long way in adopting an overall healthy lifestyle.